Wednesday, August 13, 2014

BYU Cupcakes

Sometimes, I don't eat or make healthy things. And sometimes, I blog about them. Even though they are unhealthy. I think you have to live a little. It's okay to eat bad things occasionally, right?

Casey's cousin graduated from BYU a few months ago. And by graduated, I actually mean-- in 2 years, with the highest honors possible, an insane double major, and with a scholarship. Home girl is brilliant. I offered to take cupcakes to her graduation party after. It's not like I could keep up with the dinner conversation so I had to do something. {Read above: SUPER SMART}

I REALLY wanted to find BYU flags to go in the cupcakes, but Zurchers let me down. So blue geometrics it was.

To Make Matching Cupcakes:

- Betty Crocker white cake mix. ADD blue food coloring
      *if I did it again, I wouldn't dye the cupcakes. They almost looked burnt.
- Wilton Frosting Recipe.
     - take out vanilla/butter flavoring and pick up MANGO from {here} or from a specialty store.
- Cupcake liners and stripe flags : ZURCHERS
- blue sprinkles: Kitchen Kneads (but really, anywhere)
- Frosted with a Wilton tip #

I would love to tell you the cupcakes were amazing. However, I don't often eat food that I make. I realize that's weird and I need to eat food I make instead of fast food in order to be healthy. I'm not scared of my kitchen or do anything bad, I'm just kind of weird. However, the batter from licking the spatula (after, you grossies) was bomb, as was the frosting alone. They were VERY sweet. So, depending on food tastes, might not be everyone's fave. Husb was, as always, my pre party taste tester. He loved them. And, they did get some pretty good reviews at the party.

Congrats, O! 



1 comment:

  1. That cake decorating class was a success! Cute Kal

    ReplyDelete