Sunday, July 20, 2014

Goals :: 7.21-7.27

Let's set goals together every Sunday, k?

Here's how this works- Start with a manageable number of goals. Maybe 1 goal a week is enough to add to your plate right now. Maybe you want 7. It's whatever you choose. {Side Note: I like odd numbers, 7 is actually my favorite. But I also like to be sporadic.} And really. It's whatever. BUT, if you don't accomplish your goal this week, you have to ADD it to next week's goal list. See how I did that?. Get it done and get it off the list! Pick goals that work for you. My goals probably won't work for most people. That's okay. We can all be different. Weird, right?

Just make it manageable!

I think a lot of folk have a tendency to create these huge goals then when we don't accomplish them we feel all fat friend like and give up on ourselves!

Helpful Hints//Cheats
1. If you feel overwhelmed, give yourself something you already do.
      - I am so not above adding "brush teeth" to my Saturday chore list. Then when I do it I can cross it off and feel that much better.
This isn't for everyone, it's a personality flaw of "list makers"
2. It doesn't all have to be exercise. Be real. What do you want to be doing better?
3. Make it manageable. For example- "loose 5 pounds" probably isn't for most people. However, "drink 2 extra glasses of water each day" may be for most people.

So, my weeks goals are:
1. Work out 4 times this week.
     -I've been mostly decent with running 3 days but this old girl needs to do some cross training.
2. Pack a healthy lunch 2 days this week.
    -Laugh away, but I eat out 5 days a week. To go from 5---0 in a week is too much so 2 is my go to number.
3. WATER- 1 glass before running or shower everyday.
   -I'm probably going to have a goal associated with water in some way for the rest of my life. I think water is stupid and I love soda. My attitude isn't changing. I'm not automatically going to start craving it so turning it into habit it is.

Novel's almost over. YOU are accountable for YOU. If you need an accountability team- find a friend, tell the significant other, journal it for the grandkids to find, or comment below. Bottom line: only you will know if you cheat and don't repeat a goal. So, just don't do it.


Good Luck!

2 comments:

  1. 1. Only 1 sweet per day, this includes cereal.
    2. Study at least 1 hour 5 days a week for my BCaBA exam.
    3. Exercise 3 days a week for at least 30 mins.

    Thanks for the motivation Kalli

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear how you did! You are going to rock that exam!

    ReplyDelete