Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Marriage and Fitness. Part 1

When Case and I got married, he was sporting roughly 4 nights a week. He has since slowed down because obviously he likes being home with his lady friend.  However, we have both gained substantial amounts of LB's because of it. (Me because I've never worked out; Him because his routine changed and he didn't marry Rachael Ray.)

Last summer, we trained for a 5k for 1 week together. I absolutely love Case. He is perfect for me. However, I think we have what a lot of couples figure out-

WE DO NOT WORK OUT TOGETHER.

Shock factor: that didn't ruin our marriage. It doesn't mean we aren't in love.

Casey is my biggest supporter when I roll out of bed to go running 3 times a week. He makes sure I get out of bed. He asks me how it went. Sometimes, I even get breakfast after. But he also doesn't come.
It didn't work for us. Case has to slow way down for me. He grew up active and playing tons of sports. I am the least coordinated person ever. Also, he's 6 ft. .. I'm at least 3 steps to his 1.

When Case and I have run races (cough, 5k's) together we do stick together. Otherwise, we workout 100% seperate.

It used to bother me. I felt like we weren't in sync enough. I felt like a "fat wife". Like he didn't care to stay the same pace as me and run together. Now, I just realize we have different body types/ styles/ preferences. And it's okay. I still love him. He still loves me. We both encourage each other to be our best self. And that's what matters.

That being said,

I like:
-running with the ladies
-gym classes with friends

He likes:
- soccer
-softball
-golf
-taking the dogs on a run

And

- he's going to try crossfit.

Wish him luck! I can't wait to watch him on the Crossfit games on ESPN! That sure doesn't mean I'll be hitting up lady crossfit games anytime soon. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment