Monday, July 28, 2014

Gum and 20

Attention World:

Today, I, Kalli, RAN for 20 minutes straight. As soon as you wake up from passing out due to shock, join me.

Like I've told you, I've been doing Couch 2 5K with my neighbs. We've gone much slower than most but we are doing it. Today was- 5 min walking warm up, run 20 minutes, 5 min cool down. We did 2.56 miles total. Just like we were supposed to be, we did about a 10 minute mile. The .56 was our warm up and cool down.

It was one of those plug in and go type runs. So, I'd like to thank:
- Rhianna. Only Girl in the World.
-Justin Moore. Back that Thing Up.
- Brandon and Leah. BOOM, Boom, Boom.
- the United States Marine Corp.  Their running cadences. Guys, seriously. Amaze. 
-Lady A. Bartender
-Lee Brice. I don't dance.

<ps- I run to weird tunes. But I'm into it. And I've defined my style. Make a play list and shuffle>
<<pps- make a playlist. If you just shuffle, every other song is a primary or steven Curtis Chapman number,  fab for the sabb . Not for my running psyche>>

I would also like to thank my brother in law. Gum! Chew it on your runs. Keeps your throat from drying out. I'd like to compare a 20 min run with no gum, but today was quality so why mess with a good thing.

And of course,  my running peeps. I would have quit, but I couldn't be the first one to start walking.

The only thing I hated was the app telling me "you are halfway". It got into my brain and I was almost at the give up point. As soon as I pushed through that, I kept telling myself "this is the easy part", "downside of the run" and I was fine.

And just in case you wondered about our sexy future fitness model appeal: when it warned us we had 1 minute left, we decided to really run, like all Olympic style. It seriously felt great. And was so not as hard as I thought it was going to be. (Except for my almost comatose stare at work until noon.)

Moral of the story: you can do it! It took us sooo long to build to 20 minutes,  but now I know I can keep going! Just keep doing it. I pinky promise it does get easier.

Last, I have started weighing myself every Monday. I'm going to also take a picture. I'm going to compare the two every week. I'm not going to weigh in between. I, like most, get way caught up on that number. I've gained 4.6 pounds in 2 weeks and I need to just realize I FEEL BeTTER. So, feel free to participate! Obviously, it will start today, but won't really be posted until next week.

Good luck this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment