Monday, July 14, 2014

How I Became A "Runner"

So, truth be told- - I am ABSOLUTELY not a star runner. I had a roommate, Jessica, that was a rockstar runner in college and I always admired how she would wake up super early and get a workout in.

Last summer, the hubs convinced me to run a 5K in his home town.We "trained" for maybe 1 week. We ran 3 times and only a walk/run for a mile each time. I realize that people roll their eyes at 3.2 miles but my goodness I DIED! I finished and completely stopped running after. I promised myself I would never do it again in my whole life. A t-shirt is not worth 20 bucks and an hour of misery.

Then this past May two of my neighbors asked me to do Couch 2 5K with them. They were so sweet and promised me they weren't runners either. It was just for fun and to get fit. I'll go into more depth later, but it really has been a great experience. We've missed days, we've re-done weeks but we ARE getting there. More importantly, we aren't giving up.

So, I guess I'm sort of a runner!

No comments:

Post a Comment